Short Story Next
Loading...
Friday 16 January 2015

LOVE NEVER GROWS OLD
an anonymous story

True love is neither romantic nor passing, it lasts for ever
It was a busy morning, about 8:30 a.m., when an elderly gentleman in his
80’s arrived at the clinic to have some stitches removed from his thumb.
He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 a.m.
Since he was in a hurry, I asked him whether he had another doctor’s
appointment that morning. The gentleman told me that he needed to
go to a Senior Citizens’ Home to have breakfast with his wife.
When I inquired about her health, he told me that she had been there
for quite a long while, as she was a victim of Alzheimer’s disease. As
we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. He replied:
“She no longer knows who I am; she doesnot recognize me... it’s been
five years now.
I was surprised, and asked him, “And you still go every morning, even
though she doesn’t know who you are?” He smiled as he patted my
hand and said, “True, she doesn’t know now who I am, but I still
know who she is.” I had to hold back my tears as he left. I had goose
bumps “That is the kind of love I want in my life.”

Reflections
Love is for ever
Love is not killed by death
Love is not a feeling but a will
Love is not for kicks but for service
Love is faithful in health and in sickness
You can bury a person but not the love you had for him/her

Story from : 101 Parables Stories and Fables - P. Ribes, S. J.

Courtesy : 
Rev. Fr. Jerry Sequeira S.J., 
Gujarat Sahitya Prakash, Anand

Click to Download BBNApp
 BBNApp

0 comments:

Post a Comment